Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ti Chronos Airplane Data Logging Results

I am back from my trip from Ohio and I finally have some time to catch up to get settled back in my routine. Part of my trip was to do some data logging with my shinny new Ti Chronos Watch. I thought this would be a perfect first project. I ended up not using the stock data software as it doesn't log acceleration. I used the code and app from here:

http://ruditronics.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/data-logging-using-ez430-chronos-watch/





If you decide to try it, make sure and read the comments. I found a lot of useful information to get the code compiled. Of course you can also post here for help.

During take off and landing of each leg of the trip I logged:

Acceleration
Temperature
Altitude

A few notes:
  • I logged more time on take off than landing
  • Altitude is much lower than actual since it is based on pressure and therefore based on cabin presure, still interesting though.
  • On the way there I was able to download the data from the watch and therefore able to log more data. On the way back I logged for short amount of time since I wasn't able to download between legs.
  • On the way there my arm was across my chest. On the way back it was parallel to my leg.
  • Temperature is affected by my arm but should be consistently off since I wore the watch the whole time.
Now the data:

SFO-DFW


Acceleration


Altitude


Temperature




DFW-DAY

Accerlation


Altitude


Temperature



DAY-SFO

Acceleration

Altitude

Temperature


Here is the link to the raw data and images including the original emf files.



I don't know if anyone can find this useful or something interesting to do with it. 

If you do download this please comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment