Thursday, July 11, 2013

LED Matrix Display: Final Completed Pictures

Wow, I cannot believe that it's been over two months now since my wedding. It all happened so fast, as most people will say. We had a great time, and even though we had some mishaps (a vendor was a no-show), everything else came together for the most part. Remember the LED Matrix Display? Well I wanted to share some photos of how it turned out. My best friend and also best man, Warren, was able to help build an enclosure for the LED Matrix display before the wedding.



We were able to stick with using the Wifly shield instead of Ethernet shield, but we had to jumper over the pins since they aren't the same for the Arduino Due. The only issue we had was getting a reliable Internet connection. Thanks to Warren, he purchased a T-Mobile hotspot. Once we set it up, it tested well. We were excited and couldn't wait to put it into action.

On the day of the wedding, we located a central spot for everyone to see the display. We were looking forward to it being well received and used. Unfortunately after all the testing we did, it didn't want to associate. It worked well so many times but when it came for showtime, it just wouldn't work. Both Warren and I looked at it but we knew we couldn't spend too much time during the reception fixing it. So we had to cut our losses. On the flip side, it is still a great display and will be good to display at a booth at the Maker Faire or something like that. Or maybe it could be a kit for sell? Let me know if you'd be interested.

While I have spent some time on it, I really haven't had much time to properly diagnose why it didn't work during the reception. Actually, I can't seem to get it to work, period. It is so strange. It won't associate at all. I even reset the Wifly shield using the reset to the factory defaults sketch Sparkfun has. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some time to get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, here are some additional pictures of how it turned out. I think Warren did a fantastic job!







You can buy a LED Matrix Link on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/products/FriedCircuits/led-matrix-link/


No comments:

Post a Comment